Music obviously enhances a lot of experiences (see: workouts, car rides, long walks, lake weekends, etc.). But the one thing music doesn’t get enough credit for is sex. Like, IMO, if you’re not listening to some bops every! time! you have sex, you’re doing it wrong.
Obviously with the exception of quickies and spontaneous sex, you need a banging playlist to have on repeat during your bone sessions. The reason: Not only does playing music give you a rhythm to follow, but it allows you to set the pace for what kind of vibe you’re into.
So don’t worry, we already did the hard part for you by curating a list of songs that are actually perfect for your sex sessions, depending on your mood. Pick and choose what to add to your own playlist and have some fun, my friend. Your orgasms deserve this.
1. "Often" — The Weeknd
FWIW: Pretty much any song by The Weeknd is going to have you feeling extra good when you're getting laid. This one just happens to be my fave, but feel free to shuffle.
2. "Do I Wanna Know?" and "Woman" mashup — Arctic Monkeys and Harry Styles
Yeah, seriously just trust me on this one. The mashup has been making its rounds on TikTok and it's just as sexy as you'd suspect.
3. "Formula" — Labrinth
This song made its debut on the HBO series Euphoria and, yeah, it's absolutely okay if Jacob Eldori popped into your head just now.
4. "Mount Everest" — Labrinth
... Another banger worth adding to your playlist from the Euphoria soundtrack.
5. “Lovers” — Anna of the North
You’ll remember this bop from the infamous Jacuzzi scene in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. You might not have Noah Centineo, but playing this tune is *almost* as good.
6. “SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK” — Joji
More like slow grindin’ in the dark, amirite.
7. "Hold" — Vera
The song literally starts with “I love the way you tie me down.” Need we say more?
8. "Ribs" — Lorde
Let one of Lorde's more velvety tracks will whisk you away.
9. "Eyes on Fire" — Blue Foundation
Yes, this song was in Twilight. Yes, it’s still relevant. And yes, it’s on firrreee.
10. "Cherry Wine" — Hozier
Pour a glass of something good and let Hozier serenade you.
11. "Invite me In" — Wild Ones
Like, allllll the way in. Ya feel me?
12. "Bags" — Clairo
Clairo is ‘lil lo-fi dream—her simple, husky vocals will have you vibin’ quick.
13. "Dress" — Taylor Swift
Let's hear it, why'd you buy that dress?
14. "Adore You" — Miley Cyrus
Let your lover know, okay?
15. "Waiting Game" — BANKS
You could be doing anything else, and if you play BANKS you will be mentally transported into your bedroom.
16. "Atmosphere" — Joy Division
Ever wonder what it’d be like to have sex in space? You are now.
17. "Lollipop" — Lil Wayne
This throwback needs no explanation.
18. "Hands to Myself" — Selena Gomez
For when you’re feeling really, really handsy.
19. "Paperbacks" — Arlo Parks
Break out a hit from this indie darling when the moment's right.
20. "Papi Pacify" — FKA Twigs
The video alone is enough to get you in the mood.
21. “Feelin’ Myself” — Beyoncé and Nicki Minaj
Perfect for the aforementioned solo play.
22. “I’m a Slave 4 U” — Britney Spears
Let Britney's sultry whisper-singing (and your bodies) do all the talking.
23. “I Want Your Sex” — George Michael
Sometimes being forward is the way to go!
24. “Milkshake” — Kelis
At last, you can listen to this song in your bedroom without your mum bursting through the door and turning it off!
25. “Closer” — Nine Inch Nails
"I want to f*ck you like an animal" is either not your vibe or EXTREMELY your vibe.
26. “Cola” — Lana Del Rey
If you're going to pick a song to enjoy cunnilingus to, one that starts with "My pussy tastes like Coca-Cola" is a strong contender.
27. “Lady Marmalade” — Christina Aguilera, Lil’Kim, Mya, Pink
28. “Raspberry Beret” — Prince
You can't go wrong mixing Prince tracks with sex, but "Raspberry Beret" is particularly charming. "And if it was warm, she wouldn't wear much more" is so artfully thirsty.
29. “Moonage Daydream" — David Bowie
This trippy song isn't explicitly about sex, but the playful rhythm and lyrics like "Press your space face close to mine, love" evoke so much passion and excitement that it might as well be.
30. “Hot in Here” — Nelly
You probably belted this out at prom with your crush, disappointingly keeping all your clothes on. But now you get to follow the instructions of this song, so go you!
31. “Like a Virgin” — Madonna
A Madonna sex song that's a classic for a reason!
32. “Sexxx Dreams” — Lady Gaga
TBH, Gaga's best sex lyric ever was referring to a penis as a "disco stick" in "Love Game," but "Sexxx Dreams" is (duh) overall sexier.
33. "My Humps" — Black-Eyed Peas
This song is ridiculous. You need an LOL-level throwback in there, sex can't always be so serious!
34. “Need You Tonight” — INXS
Not to go there, but to also totally freak you out: Your parents def banged to this banger. And if it worked for them/probs led to your conception, it'll do the trick for you, too!
35. “Push It” — Salt-N-Pepa
You heard what they said. Push. It. Real. GOOD.
36. “No Diggity” — Blackstreet ft. Dr. Dre, Queen Pen
The BPM of this one = ideal peen movement rhythm.
37. “I’m on Fire” — Bruce Springstreen
A sex song that has the word "daddy" in it has to be on here!
38. “You Really Got Me” — The Kinks
Yeah, this song is used a lot in movie montages where the protagonist is stalking their crush or whatever, but it's also good for when you finally DO get with your crush, too.
39. “Partition” — Beyoncé
Honestly, if your playlist is just this song on repeat, that's fine. Great, actually.
40. “Side To Side” — Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj
Being railed so good that you walk weird the next day is a good intention to set. This song just does that.
41. “Climax” — Usher
He's singing about a different kind of climax, but STILL. C'mon, this belongs here.
42. “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” — The Rolling Stones
The song that basically INVENTED edging.
43. “Anaconda” — Nicki Minaj
Optional: Wear at least one of Nicki's outfits.
44. “Bad Liar” — Selena Gomez
It's flirty n' fun! What's not to love?
45. “Bon Appetit" — Katy Perry
Again, an ~ideal~ choice for when bae goes down on you.
46. “Taki Taki” — DJ Snake f.t Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B
Just wait till you get to Cardi's part. WOO, BOY.
47. “Your Body Is a Wonderland” — John Mayer
^If your partner doesn't treat it as such, kick 'em out.
48. “Sex Machine” — James Brown
Embrace your inner sex machine, as you should.
49. “Fever” — Peggy Lee
Peggy's voice alone is just...sex.
50. “Earned It” — The Weeknd
The hottest song on the Fifty Shades soundtrack def "earned" its spot on this list.
51. “Please Me” — Cardi B and Bruno Mars
Just the art alone warrants this bop being included.
52. “break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored” — Ariana Grande
This song is so good because it's SO bad.
53. "Naughty Girl" — Beyoncé
You feelin' N-A-S-T-Y?
54. "Body Party" — Ciara
Why not have one of your own tn?
55. "Love to Love You Baby" — Donna Summer
Simple and right to the point.
56. "FutureSex/LoveSounds" — Justin Timberlake
According to JT, nothing's hotter than knowing what you want, which...yup!
57. "Retrograde" — James Blake
This song is so sweet at its core, perfect for some making out.
58. "Glory Box" — Portishead
Sometimes angsty sex is kind of the best!
59. "Playground Love" — Air
How can a playground be tied to sex? Find out by listening!
60. "Flashing Lights" — Kanye West
A Kanye classic.
61. "Kiss It Better" — Rihanna
It's not a sex song playlist without Ri-Ri.
62. "God is a Woman" — Ariana Grande
And it's especially not a sex song playlist without a LOT of Ariana.
63. "Nude" — Radiohead
Putting on a whole Radiohead album for sex can maybe bum you out halfway through, so if you're going to pick one thing, pick this.
64. "Nice and Slow" — Usher
65. "Rocket" — Beyoncé
The lyric "Let me sit this ass on you" at the top of this song sexually awakened at least 110% of the population. I don't make up the facts.
66. "Sexual Healing" — Marvin Gaye
67. "Dream Baby Dream" — Suicide
"Keep the light burning all night," indeed.
68. "Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby" — Cigarettes After Sex
What's better than having phenomenal sex with someone you also trust the shit out of?
69. "Show You the Way" — Thundercat
70. "Child's Play" — SZA ft. Chance the Rapper
Again, a full SZA album or just this song on a loop works too.
71. "Open" — Rhye
Because "I'm a fool for that shake in your thighs" is a damn good line.
72. "Pony" — Ginuwine
If it was good enough for Channing Tatum to strip to, it's good enough for you!